Changes to SIA Acceptable Identification Procedures
IQ has released a new List of acceptable forms of Identification for SIA licensed linked examinations. Centres are advised to familiarise themselves with the new procedures and advise their candidates of the potential changes when they apply for their licence.
A summary of changes made by the SIA are:
- 4-UK adoption certificate - has been moved from Group A to Group B.
- The following are no longer acceptable forms of ID:
- 16-Mobile phone contract;
- 17-TV licence in your name and current address issued in last 12 months,
- 19- Certificate of British nationality,
- 26-Court summons issued in last 12 months,
- 28-A payslip, with your address and the employer's name or logo, that is less than three months old.
These changes will take effect on the 31 August.
Any assessments received by the IQ office on or after the 31st of August will be checked against the new guidelines. Please note that any new licence applications received by the SIA on or after 31 August will be processed according to the new ID requirements.
For more information, please see the SIA press release.
The new list of acceptable ID can be found at : List of acceptable forms of Identification for SIA licensed linked examinations
The updated Security Guide can be found at found at the security section of the centre portal (please login to gain access to the documents).