Additional Teaching Support
In order to be competent to deliver Functional Skills tutors and trainers should have experience and/a qualification that exceeds the level of their learners registration.
If you want some additional support to get your trainers confident and prepared to deliver Functional Skills qualifications IQ have developed two qualifications especially for this purpose:
- IQ Level 3 Award in English for Literacy and Language Teaching
- IQ Level 3 Award in Mathematics for Numeracy Teaching
To make the delivery of our Functional Skills qualifications as straightforward as possible, we have developed summaries of the standards (English, maths, ICT), which will help with planning schemes of work.
We have also developed IQ Functional Skills Teaching and Assessment Guides, which are available to give your further help with delivering and assessing the qualifications:
- The IQ Guide to Teaching Functional English
- The IQ Guide to Teaching Functional Maths
- The IQ Guide to Teaching Functional ICT
- The IQ Guide to Assessing English Writing
- The IQ Guide to Assessing English SLC
- The IQ Guide to Assessing English Reading (Coming soon)
- The IQ Guide to Assessing Functional Maths (Coming soon)
- The IQ Guide to Assessing Functional ICT (Coming soon)
We've also identified a number of free resources that you may find useful in delivering Functional Skills.