For the majority of people, the idea of having one career for life can be rather daunting. In most cases, we jump between roles, constantly learning and changing where we see ourselves. With a wealth of sectors and career paths, it’s understandable to see why we want to try our hand in differing job roles. However, in order to pursue the illusive ‘dream job’, you must have a set of transferable skills that allow you the flexibly to slot into different roles.
Often, having a solid skill set provides a firm basis for employers to build upon. Our range of General Skills qualifications are applicable to a wide variety of functions and span several industries and sectors. Many of these qualifications give an introduction to a sector and highlight the skills needed to thrive in certain environments.
Moreover, some of our qualifications provide formal recognition of your competence in:
- Communication and conflict management
- Promoting equality and diversity
- Managing personal and professional development
- Understanding customers and delivering good service
- Promoting products and services
- Planning and organisation